It is important children understand that when they are using the internet there are rules to follow, just as within their classroom. It is essential to share the purpose and dangers present when working online. Our pupils need to know they:
● Use the internet to find things out.
● Identify devices they could use to access information online, including voice activated technology.
● State that not all information online is a fact, and therefore might not be trustworthy.
● Identify ways to check that what they have found out online is fact/untrue/opinion.
● Describe and demonstrate how to get help if they find content that makes them feel upset, confused or worried.
● Describe the people they can trust and share their personal information with; and who they
should not share personal information with, and why.
Helpful links to look at with your family