We are delighted to welcome new children into our Nursery. The School operates a two-form entry system (morning and afternoon sessions), with a single intake to our Nursery Class each September.
Admissions – September 2024 Entry Reception & Nursery
Miss Cooper, our Headteacher, will be running tours of the school for parents of children hoping to join the school in September 2024 in either our Nursery or Reception class. For the tours, the school can be accessed via our Christchurch Road entrance.
If you would like to book a place on a tour, please contact the School Office either via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or on the phone: 01442 823551
Tours have been arranged for the following dates and times:
Entry into Nursery
Thursday 12th October 2.15pm
Tuesday 31st October 9.15am
Tuesday 21st November 2.15pm
Thursday 7th December 9.15am
Tuesday 16th January 9.15am
Thursday 25th January 9.15am
Thursday 25th January 2.15pm
Tuesday 6th February 2.15pm
Thursday 15th February 9.15am
- It is important to note that a place in our Nursery does NOT guarantee a place in Reception. This is a separate application process see www.hertfordshire.gov.uk/admissions
Nursery Admissions Process
- The timeline detailing when and how to apply for a place is displayed above, along with the link to follow to make an application.
- Applications will only be accepted on Goldfield Infants' and Nursery School's official application form which will be available to download via the link above.
- For 2023-2024 children with birth dates between 1st September 2019 - 31st August 2020 will be admitted at a single point of entry which is in the September.
- Goldfield offer 15 hours (5 sessions) of free early education per week. On entry you will be asked to complete a separate early years education funding form. This year we have been able to provide a number of 30 hours places (for those eligible) and additional paid sessions, along with a lunch club.
Lunch Club - £5.00 11.30am-12.15pm
Children can choose to bring a packed lunch or have a hot meal from school which is currently charged at £2.40 a day.
Morning Session £20.00 8.30am-11.30am
Afternoon session £20.00 12.15pm-3.15pm
- We allocate 5 sessions per week either morning or afternoon. Morning Nursery sessions are 8.30-11.30 am and Afternoon Nursery session are 12.15-3.15 pm. We will be offering 30 hour places.
- In the event of over subscription (including for 30 hour provision), places will be allocated in accordance with the Admission Rules (see below).
- If you are applying under SEND or social or medical rules etc. it is the applicant's responsibility to provide written professional evidence at the time of their application; if this is not included the application cannot be considered under these Admission Rules.
- The tie break rule is distance which is measured by an online tool and the school's decision is final on this.
- There is no appeal process for Nursery.
- Contact will only be made with parents of successful applications.
- Acceptance of places must be in writing by the deadline given on the timeline. Failure to respond by the deadline will result in your child's place being withdrawn and offered to the next child on our Continuing Interest List.
- If we are over subscribed and your application has not been successful you may request, in writing, to remain on our Continuing Interest List.
- Goldfield has wrap around care provision, Buttercup Club, which operates a breakfast club 7.45-8.45 am and after school club 3.15-6.00 pm. Depending on which Nursery session your child is allocated you may wish to apply separately for this extended provision. Breakfast Club £5.50 per session and After School Club £13.00 per session.