We are delighted to welcome new children into our Nursery. The School operates a two-form entry system (morning and afternoon sessions), with a single intake to our Nursery Class each September.
Here is the timeline for our Nursery admissions process:
Monday 20th February 2023 - Nursery applications open
Friday 24th March 2023 - Nursery applications close for on time applications. (Can still accept applications after this point but they will be dealt with after on time applications)
Friday 21st April 2023 - Nursery places offered to families by email
Friday 28th April 2023 - Deadline for families to accept nursery places in writing (email is ok)
From 28th April - can continue to accept applications and allocate places based on availability
Please click on the link to apply for a Nursery place at Goldfield - Admissions
Prospective parents are invited to come and join a tour of the school on one of the following dates.
Please contact the school office (firstname.lastname@example.org or 01442 823551 to book a place)
Tuesday 4th October 2.15pm
Tuesday 11th October 9.30am
Tuesday 1st November 2.15pm
Tuesday 22nd November 9.30am
Tuesday 13th December 2.15pm
Tuesday 24th January 9.30am
Tuesday 24th January 2.15pm
Wednesday 8th February 9.30am
1st Nov after the tour there is an opportunity to tour Bishop Wood Juniors if you wish.
6th Dec Tour of Bishop Wood Juniors is at 1.30pm before touring the infants school.
- It is important to note that a place in our Nursery does NOT guarantee a place in Reception. This is a separate application process see www.hertfordshire.gov.uk/admissions
Nursery Admissions Process
- The timeline detailing when and how to apply for a place is displayed above, along with the link to follow to make an application.
- Applications will only be accepted on Goldfield Infants' and Nursery School's official application form which will be available to download via the link above.
- For 2023-2024 children with birth dates between 1st September 2019 - 31st August 2020 will be admitted at a single point of entry which is in the September.
- Goldfield offer 15 hours (5 sessions) of free early education per week. On entry you will be asked to complete a separate early years education funding form. This year we have been able to provide a number of 30 hours places (for those eligible) and additional paid sessions, along with a lunch club.
- We allocate 5 sessions per week either morning or afternoon. Morning Nursery sessions are 8.30-11.30 am and Afternoon Nursery session are 12.15-3.15 pm. We will be offering 30 hour places.
- In the event of over subscription (including for 30 hour provision), places will be allocated in accordance with the Admission Rules (see below).
- If you are applying under SEND or social or medical rules etc. it is the applicant's responsibility to provide written professional evidence at the time of their application; if this is not included the application cannot be considered under these Admission Rules.
- The tie break rule is distance which is measured by an online tool and the school's decision is final on this.
- There is no appeal process for Nursery.
- Contact will only be made with parents of successful applications.
- Acceptance of places must be in writing by the deadline given on the timeline. Failure to respond by the deadline will result in your child's place being withdrawn and offered to the next child on our Continuing Interest List.
- If we are over subscribed and your application has not been successful you may request, in writing, to remain on our Continuing Interest List.
- Goldfield has wrap around care provision, Buttercup Club, which operates a breakfast club 7.45-8.45 am and after school club 3.15-6.00 pm. Depending on which Nursery session your child is allocated you may wish to apply separately for this extended provision. Breakfast Club £5.50 per session and After School Club £13.00 per session.