Roots and Wings
There are two gifts that we can give our children, one is roots, the other is wings…
At Goldfield every child matters. Our aim is to provide a caring environment where each child is able:
- To feel happy and secure; growing in self-belief and respect for each other
- To develop a love of learning and reach their true potential
- To learn in a caring, safe and inspiring environment where the children are at the centre of the curriculum
- To participate in learning that is rich, creative and challenging, reflecting high expectations
- To become a valued member of a nurturing school, that celebrates diversity and is committed to the wellbeing of its community
Ultimately to help our children develop as confident, resilient and considerate members of society – enabling them to ‘fly’
Through our ‘Building Learning Power’ (BLP) initiative we aim to develop enthusiastic, confident lifelong learners; building a spirit of resilience and resourcefulness in our pupils.
Goldfield's four Learning Superheroes - Polly Perseverance, Roger Resourcefulness, Chloe Cooperation and Ryan Reflectiveness support the development of rich learning vocabulary.